Delayed #22/422( 5/16)

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Bob Dylan

Conductor
Big Delays in San Antonio for today's #1/421 and #22/422.

#1/#421 departed 2 Hours Late ( 4:45am)and #22/422 has not departed SAS as of 9:30am, Amtrak now showing it 6+ Hours Late into Austin arriving @ 3:45PM!!( Scheduled @ 9:26am)

No information can be found as to the cause.
Does anyone have info on this?

NSC1109

Lead Service Attendant
Texas Eagle delayed departing SAS due to late inbound equipment.

Sunset Limited out of LAX on 5/14 delayed due to weather issues in/around Sanderson, operating 5 hours 15 minutes late.

NSC1109

Lead Service Attendant
Thanks, Track-a-Train wasnt showing #2.
Try using asm.transitdocs.com. Sometimes it doesn’t work (it appears to be down as I type this), but it feeds off of Amtrak status maps and is generally a little more reliable

Cal

Conductor
Try using asm.transitdocs.com. Sometimes it doesn’t work (it appears to be down as I type this), but it feeds off of Amtrak status maps and is generally a little more reliable
I use this. But Amtrak feed has been stale for over 24 hours!!!! :mad:

fillyjonk

Lead Service Attendant
I use this. But Amtrak feed has been stale for over 24 hours!!!! :mad:
Yeah, I like using track-a-train and it's been weirdly fouled up the past couple days, some routes showing from May 13. The dixielandsoftware site is a little better, even though I know they get their info from Amtrak.

Guess I use the 'train status' on the app to try to keep up with my train for the trip I start later this week

fillyjonk

Lead Service Attendant
Another late Eagle, it looks like. 22 hasn't left SAS yet. I am watching this closely as I'm supposed to catch it at Mineola, but the complicating factor is it's a 2+ hour for me to get there, and we're supposed to have heavy rain (and there is construction on the route) so I WAS gonna leave early, but now? Shrug. Hard to judge.

I'm assuming it was either delayed equipment or crew that's causing the 2 hour lateness? I'm just hoping it DOES leave at the 9 am time scheduled....

fillyjonk

Lead Service Attendant
welp, it's three hours late now.....I guess there was "police activity" holding up #1, and they used #1s equipment? That's what the Amtrak twitter claimed...

well, I guess if it's SUPER late I get a to-go order from East Texas Burger Company and wind up missing seeing what the foofaraw about the "Flex Meals" is all about. (I know a lot of y'all hate them but I am trying to go in with an open mind; I've eaten my fair share of college dorm cafeteria food so my standards may be lower)

Last edited: