Delayed #22/422( 5/16)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
Big Delays in San Antonio for today's #1/421 and #22/422.

#1/#421 departed 2 Hours Late ( 4:45am)and #22/422 has not departed SAS as of 9:30am, Amtrak now showing it 6+ Hours Late into Austin arriving @ 3:45PM!!( Scheduled @ 9:26am)

No information can be found as to the cause.
Does anyone have info on this?

Texas Eagle delayed departing SAS due to late inbound equipment.

Sunset Limited out of LAX on 5/14 delayed due to weather issues in/around Sanderson, operating 5 hours 15 minutes late.

Try using asm.transitdocs.com. Sometimes it doesn’t work (it appears to be down as I type this), but it feeds off of Amtrak status maps and is generally a little more reliable
I use this. But Amtrak feed has been stale for over 24 hours!!!! :mad:

I use this. But Amtrak feed has been stale for over 24 hours!!!! :mad:

Yeah, I like using track-a-train and it's been weirdly fouled up the past couple days, some routes showing from May 13. The dixielandsoftware site is a little better, even though I know they get their info from Amtrak.

Guess I use the 'train status' on the app to try to keep up with my train for the trip I start later this week

Another late Eagle, it looks like. 22 hasn't left SAS yet. I am watching this closely as I'm supposed to catch it at Mineola, but the complicating factor is it's a 2+ hour for me to get there, and we're supposed to have heavy rain (and there is construction on the route) so I WAS gonna leave early, but now? Shrug. Hard to judge.

I'm assuming it was either delayed equipment or crew that's causing the 2 hour lateness? I'm just hoping it DOES leave at the 9 am time scheduled....

welp, it's three hours late now.....I guess there was "police activity" holding up #1, and they used #1s equipment? That's what the Amtrak twitter claimed...

well, I guess if it's SUPER late I get a to-go order from East Texas Burger Company and wind up missing seeing what the foofaraw about the "Flex Meals" is all about. (I know a lot of y'all hate them but I am trying to go in with an open mind; I've eaten my fair share of college dorm cafeteria food so my standards may be lower)

Last edited:
Back