Deli Near LAUPT?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hytec

Lead Service Attendant
A while back there was a topic discussing an eatery a few blocks from the LAX station that everybody said served the best of everything...especially Mexican beef sandwiches, I think. I've searched for that topic so I wouldn't have to embarrass myself by admitting that I didn't write down its name, but I can't find the topic. What is the name of that deli, cafe, or whatever it is?

Thanks, my taste buds and stomach will be eternally grateful. Well maybe not my stomach, but I'm packing lots of anti-acid stuff..... :lol:

Edit - finally found it...Phillipe's !!! Hope to enjoy their delicacies on Sunday, 5/16 for lunch before boarding the Sunset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, Phillipes isn't Mexican food at all. Great French Dips, great breakfasts, but not Mexican.
French... Mexican... What's the difference? :lol:

Actually, almost every thread that I seen here discussing LAUS has mentioned both Phillipes AND the Mexican plaza so I can easily see the confusion. ;)

Actually, almost every thread that I seen here discussing LAUS has mentioned both Phillipes AND the Mexican plaza so I can easily see the confusion. ;)
Thanks, I was confused also. However, my focus was/is to experience what everyone was raving about @ Phillipe's, not Mexican. :)

(Besides, "Phillipe's" is a Mexican sounding name...I think? :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I was confused also. However, my focus was/is to experience what everyone was raving about @ Phillipe's, not Mexican. :)

(Besides, "Phillipe's" is a Mexican sounding name...I think? :p )
Only if you spell it Felipe (Spanish for Phillip).

The pronunciation is different, too. With Phillipe, the e is silent. With Felipe, the e has an ay sound.

Aloha

As much as I enjoy eating at Phillipe's, I do not consider them a "Deli". Deli Standards are much different.

Let's see.....

1 - Phillipes is NOT Mexican :(

2 - Phillipes is NOT a Deli :(

3 - My ticket DOES read 03/0230, LAX-NOL, 16MAY10 :)

So, 1 for 3 = .333, a lousy average for me. :eek:

But most major league hitters would be very happy with that average.... :lol:

Thanks to all of you for your help and information. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back