Denver, CO

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to add a final comment for those visiting Denver and looking for an exciting place to visit close by, The town would be Manitou Springs. Its a small historic town, 1 1/2 hr drive from Denver, but loaded with attractions , restaurants, shops and all. Pikes Peak Cog RR, Miramount Castle, The Manitou Cliff Dwellings, and Cave of the Winds arew there. These are all great places to see. In nearby Colorado springs there is 7 falls park, a great zoo, some historical sights and really nice museums.

We liked vacationing in Colorado so much that in 2016 we will be back, this time visiting the front range area North of Denver around Boulder and the area to the West near Idaho Springs and Leadville. .

I will be visiting Colorado this year for Christmas and the day after, but I am still undecided where to stop in. I was hoping for snow on the ground, but also a place with activities that can be accessed easily without a car. Would Denver, Fraser, or Glenwood Springs be the best city given these preferences?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Amtrak Forum mobile app

I'll be staying in Denver tomorrow through Friday. Any last-minute tips? Taking the bus to Boulder and exploring the light rail system as much as possible.

Back