Dining Car on Christmas Day (Coast Starlight)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I traveled on Silver Meteor a few days after Christmas, the dining car's staff had the dining car decorated with some strings of colored lights. The service staff were wearing Santa hats as was some of the SCAs.

When I traveled on Silver Meteor a few days after Christmas, the dining car's staff had the dining car decorated with some strings of colored lights. The service staff were wearing Santa hats as was some of the SCAs.

All of which technically isn’t allowed, so don’t be surprised if you see a crew not decorating/dressing up. That being said…I‘ll partake if I’m working a diner and the crew wants to do it, but if I’m working a train by myself (Cafe) I stick to the guidelines.

I admit the last time we did this was in 2013, but we did board the Coast Starlight on Christmas Day, northbound out of LAX. Had to go to a Jewish deli for breakfast beacuse nothing else was open (I checked in advance). The train had a light passenger load, and was otherwise unremarkable. All onboard services were normal.

I too remember special meals.

Back