Dinner tonight on SW Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew in a bowl any time over the slop now being foisted upon us. I always have a couple of cans in the larder, along with Mary Kitchen Hash, SPAM singles and Wolf Brand Chili.
Not nuts and berries or roots and shoots for me!'

My pantry also always has a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and a can of Hormel Chili. There will be a can or two of Chef Boy-ar-dee as well. There is nothing wrong with dining on these once in awhile.

My pantry also always has a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and a can of Hormel Chili. There will be a can or two of Chef Boy-ar-dee as well. There is nothing wrong with dining on these once in awhile.

I guess in a pinch, one could choke down a can of the Hormel stuff if you can't find a can of Wolf Brand Chili. :)

My daughter and I just returned from a DAL-CHI-TRE trip on the Eagle and the Capitol Limited. Great SAs, same slop. When we told the SAs we would demur on their offer for "meal" reservations, they did bring us the free liquor ration, though. The surprise on their faces when they see us with fresh brewed coffee, hot sandwiches and metal cutlery is always classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back