Disney World Monorail Crash

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest lost for guests is no more riding in the cab. That's truly a shame, as it gave MANY guests a really special opportunity to enjoy the magic. I understand the ban, expected it, but don't like it.
And it was one of those perks that truly rang of Walt Disney, a railfan himself who was known to enjoy cab rides immensely. It seemed only fitting that you could get that experience at his back yard, so to speak. It's so unfortunate to see that experience go away. Again, expected, but I don't like it either.

Rafi
One of my favorites concerning Disney:

After Eisner was in charge but while Roy Disney was still around and had his hand in it:

There was one of these hot air sessions where Eisner was talking about "branding", which for those who don't know is one of the favoirte corporate-speak buzz words of recent years.

Roy Disney's response: "Branding is something you do to cattle."

I never met Roy, but I met Roy Disney Jr's wife, Patty. I was driving her, Stanley Gold (a board member) and his wife around and Patty commented on how she thought it was weird seeing her name on EVERYTHING. Stanley turned to her and said, "You kidding? I'm soaking it all up!"

We drove in, I'm pretty sure that we had to pay to park, but other than that there were no impediments. It'd be a pretty long walk from what I remember, but there didn't seem to be anything to stop you.
Years ago after riding Amtrak to Orlando, I tried to bike to WDW. No sooner did I turn into the four lane highway on Disney property than I and my bike was picked up by Disney police. Once it was established that I had the price of a ticket, everything was cool.

Seems Disney had been besieged by tramps and bums arriving on bicycle. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back