Dizzy, tired and rocking motion after a 4 day rail trek

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No rocking or rolling for me after trips, but then again I always get off at smoke stops in daylight to walk around and get some fresh outdoor air. Only exception is if it is pouring rain outside. Then I will stay onboard.

Let me try this without offending anyone...

One of the great challenges of train travel, at least for us guys, is standing up trying to use a toilet while the train is rolling/bouncing/swaying. But you get used to it, and your "aim" improves with practice.

Problem is, when you get to a destination or return home, if you've been riding trains for several days, you still get the same sensation of trying to keep your balance while attempting #1. But again, you get used to it.

Um, YMMV.

Yeah, I know, we could sit down too but that just doesn't seem natural.

Night 2 after getting off the train, I awoke at 4am and thought I was still on the train. I sat up and my head felt as I was still rocking back and forth and I could hear the sounds of the train ride in my head. Day 3, I'm still a little worn from the traveling. Don't know if it was from my week long stay in NY or the 4 day train ride.

To my knowledge, this is pretty common. For me, it becomes more noticeable if I'm walking around the train a lot while it's moving. When I was younger, I'd get it more severe than I do now since now I'm sitting more of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back