Does anyone use a countdown calendar?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
Many people use a countdown calendar for future trips. Is that common for people in this forum? I created a simple HTML file that shows the countdown in the tab at the top of the page. If there Is any interest I will post it. It runs locally. No web site needed.

Many people use a countdown calendar for future trips. Is that common for people in this forum? I created a simple HTML file that shows the countdown in the tab at the top of the page. If there Is any interest I will post it. It runs locally. No web site needed.
When I first joined, quite a few members were using countdown calendars, but it seems no one is using them now. I saw many more of them on cruise critic a few years back (when people were cruising).
According to AU rules, there is a limit of 5 lines for signatures, so possibly that is the reason countdown calendars are rarely used.

When I first joined, quite a few members were using countdown calendars, but it seems no one is using them now. I saw many more of them on cruise critic a few years back (when people were cruising).
According to AU rules, there is a limit of 5 lines for signatures, so possibly that is the reason countdown calendars are rarely used.
The one I created is completely independent of this website. I wanted one that was always there when using the browser. Most that I found were desktop. This is just an unused page with the counter in the tab. This is just for an individual and not meant for others to see.

Place the following in a text file and rename it to be type HTML.
Double clicking on it opens it in your browser.
You can make it your home page to open every time you start your browser.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html lang="en">
<meta http-equiv=“CACHE-CONTROL” content=”NO-CACHE”>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<!-- Insert anything you want to appear on the page here. Knowledge of HTML is required. -->
<script type="text/javascript">
function numberOfDays(year,month,day)
    {dateFuture = new Date(year,month-1,day,23,59,59);
    dateNow = new Date();
    amount = dateFuture.getTime() - dateNow.getTime();
    amount = Math.floor(amount/1000);
    days=Math.floor(amount/86400);
}
numberOfDays(2022,4,11)
<!-- Change date in previous line. -->
document.title = days + " days until trip"
</script>