Double AGR points for "other qualifying travel"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danib62

Service Attendant
On the AGR World Mastercard you get 3x points for Amtrak spending and 2x points on "other qualifying travel". My question is what exactly qualifies as "other qualifying travel"? I've succesfully gotten double points for booking flights. Have people gotten double points for hotels, rental cars, or airbnb?

The fine print on BoA's website states:

"2 Points: Earn 2 points (consisting of 1 bonus point and 1 base point) for every $1 of Net Purchases charged at eligible Non-Amtrak travel merchants, which include: airlines, car rental agencies, hotels, motels, inns, and resorts, steamship/cruise lines, commuter rail, passenger rail (where Amtrak is not the merchant of record), and travel agencies (where Amtrak is not the merchant of record)."

Seems pretty broad. I should really use the card for more (right now I only miss it for Amtrak and places that don’t take Amex). Only edge case is whether or not Airbnb will count. Anyone have personal experience with them?

Seems pretty broad. I should really use the card for more (right now I only miss it for Amtrak and places that don’t take Amex). Only edge case is whether or not Airbnb will count. Anyone have personal experience with them?

It counted for the x2 on my last AirBnb stay a couple months ago.

A couple of years ago, we got double points for using the card for a river sightseeing cruise (Wendella) in Chicago!

On the AGR World Mastercard you get 3x points for Amtrak spending and 2x points on "other qualifying travel". My question is what exactly qualifies as "other qualifying travel"? I've succesfully gotten double points for booking flights. Have people gotten double points for hotels, rental cars, or airbnb?
Definitely double points for hotels and car rentals. There often other point bonuses available for car rentals. Check the AGR webpage.

I don't have the AGR card, but I do have a different BofA Visa that lets me select one category a month for triple rewards. On that card, travel also includes amusement parks & museums. So I don't know whether the AGR card also includes tourist attractions in its travel category, but it's worth a try.

AirBNB works. I did discover that the "club" I stay at when in NYC does *not* register as a hotel for purposes of points, though. There are quirks.

The fine print on BoA's website states:

"2 Points: Earn 2 points (consisting of 1 bonus point and 1 base point) for every $1 of Net Purchases charged at eligible Non-Amtrak travel merchants, which include: airlines, car rental agencies, hotels, motels, inns, and resorts, steamship/cruise lines, commuter rail, passenger rail (where Amtrak is not the merchant of record), and travel agencies (where Amtrak is not the merchant of record)."
Does this mean if I book and pay
For my Princess cruise with my Guest Rewards card, I’ll get double points?

Back