Double Days are back

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry. If you are a Guest Rewards member you can register for double the amount of normal points you receive. Amtrak had this promotion in the fall and spring for several years until 2019.If you aren't a member you can register.

There’s no mention on whether this is good only for future bookings, or whether, for instance, my already-booked circle trip qualifies. The wording of the entire Terms and Conditions is,

"Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak travel from the time of promotion registration through May 22, 2022. Promotional period begins April 4, 2022 and ends May 22, 2022. Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at Amtrak.com/DoublePoints to participate. Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply.”

Let’s hope so. It seems the qualifying term is “travel,” not “purchases”.

There’s no mention on whether this is good only for future bookings, or whether, for instance, my already-booked circle trip qualifies. The wording of the entire Terms and Conditions is,

"Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak travel from the time of promotion registration through May 22, 2022. Promotional period begins April 4, 2022 and ends May 22, 2022. Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at Amtrak.com/DoublePoints to participate. Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply.”

Let’s hope so. It seems the qualifying term is “travel,” not “purchases”.
I believe already booked trips qualify provided you registered and, the travel is within the promo period.

Interesting that it expires 5/22, and 5/23 is the first day the SIlver Meteor is expected to return. :rolleyes:
Incidentally that would be the date for a pre-summer shoulder season promotion to end even under normal circumstances. So that specific date for both events makes sense.

Interesting - and a nice deal.
I signed up for this deal on Monday and today I got credited my points for my travel from Sunday, April 3rd - and I received double points (the promotional period started on Monday only). Wonder if they will take them away again (they did with TQP I got for travel on December 31st that were credited only in January).

Back