E B connections

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKA

OBS Chief
Any information about how connections are being handled in Chicago from the E B to the LSL and the Capitol ? In reference to how late the E B is running. Bussing, overnight, ect. ?

Even though the EB has been very late most days (often 3-4 hours late) you should be able to make the LSL unless things are really bad. The CL is another story. They have held it for around 30 minutes on several occasions over the past weeks, but if the EB is 3 or more hours late it's usually an offer to put you up overnight and try to put you on the CL the next day.

Last I heard was that they would NOT offer a guaranteed connection in CHI from 28 to an eastbound train, yet they WOULD offer a guaranteed connection from 8 to an eastbound train! HUH?
huh.gif
They are the same train!
laugh.gif

Last I heard was that they would NOT offer a guaranteed connection in CHI from 28 to an eastbound train, yet they WOULD offer a guaranteed connection from 8 to an eastbound train! HUH?
huh.gif
They are the same train!
laugh.gif
Eastbound connections at Chicago to both the Capitol Limited and the Lake Shore Limited are now offered to both SEA (#8) and PDX (#28) passengers.

huh.gif
They are the same train!
laugh.gif
Well, to be fair, it's a longer walk to the station from the Portland sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back