"Earn 5X Points this Holiday Season"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the way I read it now is you're entitled to a max of 4000 bonus points which means I should've spent $1000 in order to hit the max bonus? Since the standard 1 point per dollar isn't a bonus.

This is how it appears in my account.

1R1apfM.jpg

Mine posted on the 25th, or most of it. Seems like they shorted me 324 points which is about $65. Hard to say because there are several NEC trips in there and it's unknown how they count them, i.e. is the Amtrak 2x bonus included? Or should the 5x bonus (actually 4x) be in addition to that? I can't be bothered. I hope they leave B of A.

Mine posted on the 25th, or most of it. Seems like they shorted me 324 points which is about $65. Hard to say because there are several NEC trips in there and it's unknown how they count them, i.e. is the Amtrak 2x bonus included? Or should the 5x bonus (actually 4x) be in addition to that? I can't be bothered. I hope they leave B of A.

I need to re read the T&C of the offer. But I think you had to spend $800 on categories that were not already a bonus point category.

I need to re read the T&C of the offer. But I think you had to spend $800 on categories that were not already a bonus point category.
I think you're right. Looks like they shorted me 160 pts; in Dec there was $40 Amtrak tix purchase which I counted and they didn't at all.

So I could've spent a little more. In my zeal not to spend a penny over the $800 before switching back to my Cap1 card I shorted myself s few points.

I just got this special bonus of 4,000 pts, but don't know what it is for. I remember there was something about 11 miles per dollar spent from early December to December 28th. I spent Bout $700 in that time.
Does anyone know what this bonus might be?

Back