Quantcast

email promo (sleeper) rates for Auto Train !

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

BLNT

Service Attendant
Just received an email for sleeping accommodations on the Auto Train.

I already had reservations for two (northbound) in early February.. made the reservation just two days ago. It had been $879 for the two of us in a bedroom w/priority vehicle.

The new rate - for the exact same - was $567 !

I called, and they are issuing $312 back to my credit card. WOW

HERE'S a link to the promo.

:)

daybeers

OBS Chief
For reference the promotion is:
Book by January 22 for travel northbound (to Lorton) January 15 – February 25 or southbound (to Sanford) March 15 – May 31. Promotional fares do not require roundtrip travel but reservations must be made at least three days prior to departure. Other terms and conditions apply.

RoometteBedroomCoach
One Traveler$99$249$59
Two Travelers$149$299$118
  • For sale: January 12 – 22, 2021.
  • For travel: January 15 – February 25, 2021 northbound, Sanford to Lorton and March 15 – May 31, 2021 southbound, Lorton to Sanford.
  • Blackout dates: April 2, 2021 and April 5, 2021.
  • Advance reservations are required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel.
  • Offer is valid for adult and child.
  • This offer is valid for Auto Train coach, Roomettes and Bedrooms only.
  • Discount and fares do not include required vehicle charge.
Pretty good sale in my opinion!

Sidney

Service Attendant
The Auto Train is the only long distance train I never rode. Living in NE Pa and visiting Fort Lauderdale,Lorton and Sanford were too far. I usually drive. I would love to take the Auto Train,but I don't need a car. Now,how about a $99 roomette sale on the Silver trains!

daybeers

OBS Chief
Just wanted to reiterate that the sale fares above do not include a vehicle charge, which is required on the Auto Train. I believe these are often around $200 for a two-axle passenger car, is that right?

So while the sales are great, I don't think the total fare is less than one of the Silver Service trains.

roadman3313

OBS Chief
AU Lifetime Supporter
I got all excited and then looked at the dates and realized I am traveling northbound at the end of February... only about a $700 difference a day makes... ouch! And to the poster above... vehicle charges these days are around $250 plus of minus a few usually. The total fare would still be quite a bit lower than the current Silver prices for my itinerary anyways. May need to reconsider my plans again though don't have much wiggle room with the dates :/