Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Cardinal, and Crescent

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s all good. I’m afraid I will have to stop this trip report now, decided to fly home rather than spend an extra night in a hotel, and get home on Saturday by taking the Hiawatha, Cardinal, and Crescent. $320, to fly first class, vs $780 on the train in a roomette, and get home tomorrow night, vs Saturday. I’ll take the remaining E-Voucher amount, and take a trip when things get closer to some level of normal later in the year. Thanks for reading,

It’s all good. I’m afraid I will have to stop this trip report now, decided to fly home rather than spend an extra night in a hotel, and get home on Saturday by taking the Hiawatha, Cardinal, and Crescent. $320, to fly first class, vs $780 on the train in a roomette, and get home tomorrow night, vs Saturday. I’ll take the remaining E-Voucher amount, and take a trip when things get closer to some level of normal later in the year. Thanks for reading,
Wise choice!🤗😷

I would be in favor of a Milwaukee Airport stop for the Empire Builder. I frequently visit the Madison area, and if I could fly into Milwaukee and hop on the train to Columbus (the Madison stop), I would do that.

I would be in favor of a Milwaukee Airport stop for the Empire Builder. I frequently visit the Madison area, and if I could fly into Milwaukee and hop on the train to Columbus (the Madison stop), I would do that.

If the bonding measure passes the Minnesota legislature, there should be work upcoming for a second daily train to St. Paul, MN. That would use the existing Builder route, plus make all of the Hiawatha stops along the way (either replacing one of the Hiawatha frequencies, or adding in an eighth one.) Current timeline if all goes well is 2024.

If the bonding measure passes the Minnesota legislature, there should be work upcoming for a second daily train to St. Paul, MN. That would use the existing Builder route, plus make all of the Hiawatha stops along the way (either replacing one of the Hiawatha frequencies, or adding in an eighth one.) Current timeline if all goes well is 2024.
Nice! I take it that it would stop @ the Milwaukee Airport stop unlike the Builder.

Back