Empire Builder in July

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merkelman06

Train Attendant
I have a reservation leaving PDX on July 27 and I got a new e-ticket indicating a new arrival time into CHI of 4:55 instead of the usual 3:55.

No reason why and the phone rep did not know either.

I have a connection to train 59 in CHI. She the 4 hour connection has been reduced to 3.

Does anyone know why the arrival time would be pushed back an hour?

I just got a notice for that today. Im connecting to the Capitol Limited to Pittsburgh so I have an even shorter layover now. Hopefully thats still a guaranteed connection.

I got the same notice too for an April 29th arrival into Chicago on the empire builder, and I also have a connection on the capital limited. Which will be cutting it really close. But I think that as long as both legs of your connection are on the same reservation, amtrak will guarantee it

I am travelling SEA - CHI - WAS arriving into Chicago on 12th June and received an email which initially looked like it was just a repeat of my original Sales Receipt email.

More detailed examination revealed a modification date so I opened up the attachment which turned up a new eticket showing the later arrival time into Chicago.

Surely a covering comment indicating that the main purpose of the "revised" Sales Receipt was to inform of a schedule change would have been more customer friendly !!!

(Looks like my hope that I would have enough time in Chicago to purchase some food before boarding the Capitol Ltd [particularly with the "downgrading" of the sleeper diner service] is now unlikely)

Surely a covering comment indicating that the main purpose of the "revised" Sales Receipt was to inform of a schedule change would have been more customer friendly !!!
This, over and over! Why expect the paying customer to pore over the new message and ticket and compare it to the old, when a simple introductory paragraph could state what has changed? Amtrak knows why it is sending a new ticket; Amtrak should explain it.

It did prior to purchasing, but in good faith the customer bought a ticket with a guaranteed connection. Maybe they will bus between two stations. With the EB getting delayed coming into MSP, they bussed connecting passengers to Chicago so connections would not be missed.

Back