Empire Service Delays - Downed Trees and signals along the Hudson Line

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SubwayNut

Conductor
Don't know if anyone has been checking on the Empire Service using Status Maps. It's a total mess this evening. A bad storm around 3:00 knocked down trees and stumbled the signal system. I'm currently on the Southbound Adirondack that just arrived in Poughkeepsie 1 hour and 44 minutes late. We cawled for a while north of the station, were the signals are down. North of Rhinecliff we were single tracking due to downed trees.

Other lowlights from the delays:

-Train #235 arrived in Albany 2 hours and 33 minutes late (longer than the scheduled time I the full trip) it had two Emprie Consists running back to back joined at the cafe car with a P32 at each end, only the front half was open for passengers. The rear black.

-The Ethan Allen Express arrived in Albany 1 hour and 50 minutes late heading to Rutland

I was on the NEC yesterday afternoon from PHL-EWR and had no problems. Unfortunately, my four-hour

train-to-plane connection at EWR turned into a 7-hour train-to-plane connection. A line of really nasty

storms moved through the area around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back