Employee praise

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does any know if there's any acknowledgement from Amtrak when the SUBMIT button is clicked on after filing out the form accessed by the SEND YOUR PRAISE button here? Recognize an Excellent Employee - Send Some Praise This is the form:
View attachment 31691
But if this submit button is broken, is there a good mailing address which to send praise?
I believe I have received an email acknowledgement after submitting. Just an acknowledgement they received it, nothing more.

Just sent Amtrak an email using their Contact Us page asking them to fix the Submit button on the praise page nd got an immediate confirmation with a green bar across the same page with a check mark.

Any bets on when they'll fix the Submit button on the praise page? How about bets on if they'll fix it? :)

Just sent Amtrak an email using their Contact Us page asking them to fix the Submit button on the praise page nd got an immediate confirmation with a green bar across the same page with a check mark.

Any bets on when they'll fix the Submit button on the praise page? How about bets on if they'll fix it? :)
I used the employee praise very recently with no issue. It sends you an email confirming the praise is being processed. Make sure you fill out all the boxes appropriately and there are no errors.

Amtrak acknowledged the SUBMIT button problem with this:

"Thank you for contacting us.

We understand the importance of feedback from our guests and we are working to make this process even easier. We hope you will see improvements in this area in the near future.

To address the concern you have written to us about, we are unable to provide time frame for when it will be fixed. Please be assured that we are constantly working to improve the usability of our web site.

However, we do appreciate the attempt to provide praise to one of our employees.

We thank you again for taking the time to write to us and we look forward to serving you aboard Amtrak.

Sincerely,
Stephen C.

Amtrak Center of Excellence"

Tried every few days over the last few weeks but finally gave up, called AGR, got this address. . .

AMTRAK
Guest Relations/Employee Praise
P.O. Box 14472
Philadelphia PA 19115

. . .and mailed a copy to them. <sigh>

Amtrak acknowledged the SUBMIT button problem with this:

"Thank you for contacting us.

We understand the importance of feedback from our guests and we are working to make this process even easier. We hope you will see improvements in this area in the near future.

To address the concern you have written to us about, we are unable to provide time frame for when it will be fixed. Please be assured that we are constantly working to improve the usability of our web site.

However, we do appreciate the attempt to provide praise to one of our employees.

We thank you again for taking the time to write to us and we look forward to serving you aboard Amtrak.

Sincerely,
Stephen C.

Amtrak Center of Excellence"

Tried every few days over the last few weeks but finally gave up, called AGR, got this address. . .

AMTRAK
Guest Relations/Employee Praise
P.O. Box 14472
Philadelphia PA 19115

. . .and mailed a copy to them. <sigh>
Translation: Amtrak IT does not know what it is doing. Thank you for bringing it to our attention,

Sincerely,
Amtrak Center of Excuses

Still not working as of 11:09 AM on 30 May 2023.

The wonderful service attendant we had on 79 on 29 May was also on the 80 on 10 June. I submitted an email praising her work over Memorial Day weekend and I asked her if she received and communication that I did so. She had not and I used the working online contact form and choose the subject of employee praise sand received an automated reply to that effect.

When I submitted praise for Amtrak staff a while back, I received a notification a few weeks later that the feedback submitted would be applied to their file, as well as provided to their leadership.

With this in mind, I'm pretty sure Amtrak and the staff in question's management has received the praise, but probably just have not had a change to communicate the praise to them yet. Any feedback (either positive or negative) does not go by unnoticed.

Hats off to Leo, my SCA, on 97(21) of this month. We had booked the 9711 car to have the VL1 roomette experience. We were supposed to be in our room PHL-SAV with an AGR points redemption leg in coach SAV-JAX for the purposes of being cheap. After an excellent flex salmon (see my post in the dining thread) we awoke to Leo informing us of SAV upcoming & the fact we were late. Leo offered to make my daughter & I breakfast sandwiches in the cafe car while he turned over our room for the next pax. After we finished breakfast he told us he needed more time & we would be able to use another roomette in 9710 that was a no-show NYP-JAX. We returned to that room & took in all the VL2 differences, after which Leo returned & told us we were welcome to stay in that room through our departure.

Would our proceeding flight not have been cancelled four hours prior to departure I'd say this was the best day of travel I've had. It's still certainly capable of being called the best Amtrak experience I've had in years. And we got to ride two versions of VL sleepers, of which I'll say the VL1 was spic and span without any unusual aromas, well serviced, quiet running & comfortable.

Hats off to Leo, my SCA, on 97(21) of this month. We had booked the 9711 car to have the VL1 roomette experience. We were supposed to be in our room PHL-SAV with an AGR points redemption leg in coach SAV-JAX for the purposes of being cheap. After an excellent flex salmon (see my post in the dining thread) we awoke to Leo informing us of SAV upcoming & the fact we were late. Leo offered to make my daughter & I breakfast sandwiches in the cafe car while he turned over our room for the next pax. After we finished breakfast he told us he needed more time & we would be able to use another roomette in 9710 that was a no-show NYP-JAX. We returned to that room & took in all the VL2 differences, after which Leo returned & told us we were welcome to stay in that room through our departure.

Would our proceeding flight not have been cancelled four hours prior to departure I'd say this was the best day of travel I've had. It's still certainly capable of being called the best Amtrak experience I've had in years. And we got to ride two versions of VL sleepers, of which I'll say the VL1 was spic and span without any unusual aromas, well serviced, quiet running & comfortable.
BEST SCA Ever!!!👍

Wonderful to know Leo is still around. He was one of the first SCAs I had when I started traveling on the Silvers back in 2009.

Terrific SCA and a favorite of many here, including me.

Leo is the best!

Wonderful to know Leo is still around. He was one of the first SCAs I had when I started traveling on the Silvers back in 2009.

Terrific SCA and a favorite of many here, including me.

He sure is! I see him every once in a while in NYP in the old Club Acela which is now a crew lounge.

Back