Everett vs Seattle 7/8 Terminus?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several times recently, I've noticed 7 terminating, and 8 originating, in Everett instead of Seattle (TransitDocs). On some days, it's Everett; on other days, it's Seattle. My apologies if this has been asked before, as I only scanned the first three pages of AU, but does anyone know why this is? Or is this just a TransitDocs hiccup?

Just I guess, but I suspect it's Amtrak's antiquated system that can't handle the changes that were made to 7/8 in the IL/WI area - covering some stations that were temporarily abandon by other trains. Maybe there's a limit to how many stations can be shown on their own tracking software?

Several times recently, I've noticed 7 terminating, and 8 originating, in Everett instead of Seattle (TransitDocs). On some days, it's Everett; on other days, it's Seattle. My apologies if this has been asked before, as I only scanned the first three pages of AU, but does anyone know why this is? Or is this just a TransitDocs hiccup?
Mudslides are the usual reasons for this in the Seattle Area. The Cascades have the same problem

I doubt there are mudslides at the moment. We are having the driest April on record at the moment (though this is supposed to change after tomorrow).

Must be something with transitdocs. They show 7 as the Empire Builder to Everett and 8 as The Empire Builder to Sturtevant. 7 and 8 were completely missing on there for a couple weeks.
If it's showing the eastbound to Sturvetvant it's probably due to the additional stations. That would mean it's showing both trains as terminating two stations before they're actual terminus, which is the same as the number of stations that have been added (2).

Back