Ex-Iowa Pacific / Pullman cars for sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it might be a combination of photos from behind the fire station and elsewhere. Someone I know got them, and definitely needed to be directed to the location Seaboard noted, as he wasn't aware of their presence in the area.

Some of them ran on the tail end of the City of New Orleans when Iowa Pacific was in business. I have no idea what condition they're in at the moment, but I'm sure they'd need some work to get re-certified for Amtrak operation.

I guess this puts paid to hopes that somebody might emerge and continue where Iowa Pacific had left off and build a small charter / private hire business.

How sad.

We rode the all-bedroom Pullman named Baton Rouge (and used the full-dome diner) behind the CONO from Chicago to New Orleans. It was in the IL Central orange & brown that IA Pacific had. We paid for upper & lower berths but had a bedroom suite because the hosts who met us (in the previous Amtrak first-class lounge) said there were no cars with berths on this run. The suite had a full-sofa bedroom & sofa-seat plus chair bedroom.

Back