Express fares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back for this trip today, thanks to the express deal, I would encourage anyone one the fence to take the plunge, great trip. Although I would suggest if the money was there to definitely get the cabins over the berths if travelling with someone else

RRrich said:
1335149595[/url]' post='362692']
amtraknovi said:
1335140309[/url]' post='362650']Although I would suggest if the money was there to definitely get the cabins over the berths if travelling with someone else
Why? Is it that much more room?
Yes. The berths are just two open chairs facing each other in the day and then two beds at night with a curtain separating you from the hallway. Just really a question of your budget and how much you value the privacy that a door provides.

Its not me its wifey and I KNOW which she would prefer :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
$742 for two people in a Sleeper! Not that much more expensive than a flight. Good deal if you ask me!
Unlike Amtrak, Via quotes sleeper fares per person for the whole fare. Not rail fares plus a flat rate accomodation. So the $515 is per person, $1030 plus a lot of VAT. Still a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back