Extentsion NER to LYH?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
was talking to a friend today back in Va and mentioned this extension looks like its gonna take off... her first question was, "does that mean since there is new stimulus money they'll double track it all the way down?" I'm guessing that would be a "no" for the moment, however if they're planning on adding more trains down the line (pardon the punn) that would seem to be inevitable.... :lol:

I guess the real question is where would the money come from? Better yet, if any other routes for that matter get double tracking and the money comes from the stimulus package, does that mean the track ownership rights of the newly laid track goes to Amtrak? Would def be some leveraging weight there if they did...

ideas? :huh:

I guess the real question is where would the money come from? Better yet, if any other routes for that matter get double tracking and the money comes from the stimulus package, does that mean the track ownership rights of the newly laid track goes to Amtrak? Would def be some leveraging weight there if they did...
No. Depending on the terms of the deal, the freight RR would retain all ownership rights, Amtrak would remain a "tenant," and the installation of said track would be considered some sort of 'reimbursement' or compensation for access for the NRPC's right to use the track for passenger service.

No. Depending on the terms of the deal, the freight RR would retain all ownership rights, Amtrak would remain a "tenant," and the installation of said track would be considered some sort of 'reimbursement' or compensation for access for the NRPC's right to use the track for passenger service.

While I can understand from a Freight RR perspective that would make sense, from a pax point I think that four letter words don't much do it justice. So basicly an entire new route would have to be laid out eh? not much of a hill of beans chance on that one happening... What about track "straightening" and Amtrak bought the land to place the new track on? hmmm maybe we can find a loop hole yet B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back