Extra 15,000 points promo but I never got an email

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratkinson

Conductor
I've just finished booking hotel accomodations for next week via the AGR website and discovered that instead of the 'usual' number of points for a hotel stay, there's a 'limited time offer' of UP TO 15,000 points per night for a hotel stay! The only hook is it must be booked now through September 21 via the AGR site. Use the 'Earn' tab and then select 'hotel stays'.

Perhaps the limited time offer is only for Select Plus or Select Executive members. But no email? Somebody's slipping up again! For a $129 room ($154 with taxes, etc), I'm getting 2,500 points! Works for me! I got a 'measly' 900 points after a $190 stay a 2 weeks ago in WAS that I booked 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Perhaps it's my using Firefox, but after I put in all the data for booking, it came back 'offer not available' or something like that. I had to put in my credit card info again and then it processed OK. Maybe I screwed up the card number, etc. Even more interesting is the site said it would only be 2,200 points, but the confirmation email says 2,500. I'm happy either way!

This is a great deal! I just got the email yesterday and had planned on getting a ~$150 hotel next month but by getting one at $500, I get points which are worth ~$700, so pretty amazing.

ETA: oh wait, are the bonus added in already on the listing page? If so, I'll have to redo my math and it may not be worth it at that price. I'd still get a cheaper one, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Rocketmiles and the Amtrak Hotels site to book trips. I check the Priceline price and the hotels price before booking. Usually the two sites that give you points are comparable. If you buy 1000 points from Amtrak it will cost you $37. I always factor that in when using Rocketmiles or Amtrak. Best deal I

ever got was 6100 points for a $180 hotel in Toronto last spring from the Amtrak Hotels site.

Back