family bedroom vs regular bedroom on CZ

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguinflies

Service Attendant
Not needed for more space, but is it worth it over being upstairs on a superliner on the CZ? Or would we be buying more space then sitting in the lounge cars the entire trip so that we get off the 'ground'.

Question came up because of an Amsnag fare alert, could save about $120 even if they charge me 10% penalty for modification.

For two people I prefer the regular bedroom. Upstairs, and you have full sized windows.

Spent most recent FUL to CHI in the family room. We changed our booking when I injured myself and needed the room.

SEEMS to be a bit nosier as you are right next to the trucks (wheels) and small windows were a disappointment...... otherwise it was good to have the room.

My mom and I have had both. I like the regular bedrooms for the toilet/shower and sink in them, privacy and cleanliness.

Two of you can sit by the window in a regular bedroom. To me, for just 2 people, the family bedroom just has a longer couch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all intel. We're going to watch the view, so we decided to stick with upstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back