Fare Policy Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
Hi All,

Since it's been so long since I've booked a trip that I may need refunded, and I can't remember details about it these days here I am.

I may need to travel to the Boston area after the New Year. Right now Amtrak is offering discounted fares between PHL-BOS.

What is the refund policy for "Saver Fares" these days? eVouchers? Correct?

TIA,
Steve

All fares booked by December 31 can be changed without penalty.

From their site:
Trip Flexibility
Amtrak is waiving all change fees for reservations made by December 31, 2020.

So I assume the policy on refunds has not changed but you can always change the date of the trip and only pay the current price with no fee up to when your reservation is for.

All fares booked by December 31 can be changed without penalty.

From their site:

So I assume the policy on refunds has not changed but you can always change the date of the trip and only pay the current price with no fee up to when your reservation is for.

It wouldn't need to be changed. It would be outright cancelled. So I might have to call them to find out.

When I canceled a saver fare in March, I was given an e-voucher.

When I cancelled my trip to Raleigh I called them in May. I had Saver Fare tickets and I got a 100% cash refund when I told them the reason for the cancellation was COVID-19. She said, "No Problem" and that it was "very common right now".

BTW, change fees are being waived for reservations made by March 31st, 2021. I confirmed with Amtrak tonight that Saver fares can be changed with no penalty.

Back