Farewell AEM7 Farewell Trip (June 2016)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We keep almost making it down your way but it's like swimming upstream both ways through that cafe car!

Last edited by a moderator:
We actually AFAIR, sort of know where the Autumn Special will be going. It is a Boston to Boston circle trip. At least that is the current desire until it changes due to the development of extenuating circumstances, which is always a possibility until the final agreements are in place signed off and all that.
Fine....but what about the date? Where it will run from makes no difference to me, but the date is more important....

By the way, didn't Mr. Gallagher warn us not to tell where this year's trip was going, or else he would "know who we were, and where to find us"? :eek:

At least that's what he joked about while visiting us in the front car.... :p

While the fleet was engaging the Borg, I was sent to protect the neutral zone and chart gaseous anomalies. (If you're not a Star Trek fan, the reference means I was prepared to show up but I was sent elsewhere...away from the action.)

As for the fall trip Railiner, there is a target date but it revolves around other moves (like the Spencer trip) which are being discussed and detailed. This is the same thing that has happened in the past. It is entirely too early to have a concrete date or even a guarantee the trip will occur.

Hmmmm....I hope the target date is not between 5 and 13 November....if so, I'll have to miss it for the first time....I am booked on a cruise departing 5 November.... :unsure:

Does anyone have a report (or footage) on what occurred at Wilmington shops...other than someone shoving two certain engines so deep into the bowels of the facility, that the neighbors thought they inherited the equipment. I know the original pitch wasn't followed since when it was mentioned, there was apparently a "death stare" at the person who made it.

Additionally, I'm guessing a "number" of things were not available in the cafe car as hoped? :ph34r:

BTW, a big thanks to everyone that took the trip.

Does anyone have a report (or footage) on what occurred at Wilmington shops...other than someone shoving two certain engines so deep into the bowels of the facility, that the neighbors thought they inherited the equipment. I know the original pitch wasn't followed since when it was mentioned, there was apparently a "death stare" at the person who made it.

Additionally, I'm guessing a "number" of things were not available in the cafe car as hoped? :ph34r:

As seen on FB, there were about a 100 "number" of things in the cafe car. ;)

Here's a video by Fan Railer. It's over twenty-four minutes long.

We actually AFAIR, sort of know where the Autumn Special will be going. It is a Boston to Boston circle trip. At least that is the current desire until it changes due to the development of extenuating circumstances, which is always a possibility until the final agreements are in place signed off and all that.
Fine....but what about the date? Where it will run from makes no difference to me, but the date is more important....
It better not conflict with the NARP Meeting and AU Gathering in Denver! :)

I'm also gone the weekend of August 21. Anything else and I might be able to make it, if hotel prices in Boston aren't too high... assuming I don't get sick *again*. (I've been sick for the last five weeks.)

Saw a photo of someone on a locomotive at the Wilmington Shops, that had to get taken down by Amtrak Police. Other than that I don't think there were any incidents. Sounds like a great event and awesome for Amtrak's relationship with it;s fans!

Saw a photo of someone on a locomotive at the Wilmington Shops, that had to get taken down by Amtrak Police. Other than that I don't think there were any incidents. Sounds like a great event and awesome for Amtrak's relationship with it;s fans!
What a shame if the irresponsible actions of one selfish individual, who thought he was 'above the rules', ended up ruining such future tours of the property for the rest of us... :angry:

just noticed Amtrak released a pin for the occasion

http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=20173&pid=195529
May be sold out already. Last I heard was down to 19. Though someone posted they bought a bunch. That sounds greedy (and maybe scalping potential) to me.
Wow,they are moving quick! When I bought mine it said 100 available,I grabbed one and shared the link. Saying 11 left at the moment
I just got my pin. It's a good looking item and is very realistic looking. The only thing missing are the dents! :giggle:

Yup, AEM-7ACs are running in MARC service until the new diesels show up.
I doubt they will be around that long. Training has commenced on the ACS-64s. We'll see what happens once everyone is trained.

Back