Farewell AEM7 Farewell Trip (June 2016)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few people coming from overseas to ride this train. After all these years of taken them for granted, the Amtrak and MARC AEM-7s will bow out this weekend.
/me leans over and looks out the front window of the Quiet Car at an AEM-7

You're telling me that this is probably my last ride behind one? :(

Can't wait to get a shot of a sprinter pulling a string of K cars...

Aloha

While they replaced my beloved G, they did not last as long.
If funding hadn't come along for the new motors, they would have lasted as long...or caught on fire trying! :help:

Apparently, there is a black market emerging for the T-shirts.

Last edited by a moderator:
just noticed Amtrak released a pin for the occasion

http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=20173&pid=195529
May be sold out already. Last I heard was down to 19. Though someone posted they bought a bunch. That sounds greedy (and maybe scalping potential) to me.
Wow,they are moving quick! When I bought mine it said 100 available,I grabbed one and shared the link. Saying 11 left at the moment
Sold out within an hour.

We'll be there. You'll recognize us as being mom in cowboy boots with curly blond-headed 7-year old son grinning from ear to ear and bounding along beside. Also, my kid looks like a tiny Keith Richards if that helps. Come talk to us. We (he especially) loves train talk.

I am in the last open car, just ahead of Beech Grove, row 8 left hand window, wearing a white bush shirt, occasionally wearing a white, red and blue Amtrak cap with the pointless arrow logo.
He'll stand out because he's NOT wearing a navy blue shirt with a white AEM-7 on it. :giggle:

Since all those riding the Farewell Special will get one as part of their overall experience anyway, I did not bother trying to buy one.
That's very nice. Wonder why they don't do that on the Autumn special? Had to purchase them on board the first two years, and they didn't make one for the last one.....

Maybe they'll do the same for the next one....

Hope you guys have a great trip! :)

Both Joe Boardman and Brian Gallagher, among others, are on the Beech Grove at the rear of the train.
If the opportunity presents itself, perhaps you could ask Mr. Gallagher about the Autumn date for this year? Even if he won't tell where it's going, just saving the date would be appreciated.....thanks!

We actually AFAIR, sort of know where the Autumn Special will be going. It is a Boston to Boston circle trip. At least that is the current desire until it changes due to the development of extenuating circumstances, which is always a possibility until the final agreements are in place signed off and all that.

So, has anyone met thirdrail7 yet?
Maybe we have, but he/she likely is not wearing a name tag with "thirdrail7" on it. Is he/she wearing one of the blue staff shirts? Is thirdrail7 a he or she? The staff is of both genders.

Back