Favorite LD train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite LD train?

• Auto Train

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • California Zephyr

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Capitol Limited

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Cardinal

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • City of New Orleans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Coast Starlight

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Crescent

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Empire Builder

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Lake Shore Limited

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Palmetto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver Meteor

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Silver Star

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Southwest Chief

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Sunset Limited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Eagle

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the Viewliner cars therefore my favorite is the Lake Shore Limited.

I like that it departs later than many other LD trains in both directions.
I prefer the Viewliners as well, though that doesn't just narrow it down to the Lake Shore.

What does it for me are the attendants, and I guess my overwhelming familiarity with the route.

I voted for the Starlight as of the Amtrak trains I've been on I think that was my favorite ride. In fact I'd probably say it was my favorite ride on any train anywhere.

These things just make me want to do another Amtrak trip; still want to do to the Zepher and the southern half of the CS.

What, no love for the Sunset Limited? C'mon people, Amtrak's only transcontinental train! What's not to love?

The CZ is hard to beat! The Rocky Mountains one day, the Sierra Nevada's the next. If it's scenery you want... Remember, the train is the vacation.

What, no love for the Sunset Limited? C'mon people, Amtrak's only transcontinental train! What's not to love?
A transcontinental train that ends and begins at New Orleans?! If that's the entirety of your sales pitch then you might want to try again. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for the CZ, its by far my favorite for the scenery, although the CS was a close 2nd because of the PPC. If Amtrak ever added the PPC to the Zephyr... OMG

Aloha

2 trains have almost half of the votes. What is the reason that the Coast Starlight and California Zephyr lead by so much?

Pretty simple, I think. CZ has the Colorado Rockies and Sierra Nevadas, which are extremely scenic. The CS has some nice scenery along the California coast and through the Cascades. If you're in the sleepers, it also as the Pacific Parlour Car which is a big favorite.

prefer the Viewliner cars therefore my favorite is the Lake Shore Limited.
I prefer the Viewliners too.
wub.gif

Though, I voted for a Silver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back