Favorite Superliner bedroom?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While A is a bit smaller, it is closest to the railfan window which is convenient if one's sleeping car is the last car on the train. Also, one does not have to be concerned about potential "rattles" of the wall that separates B/C and D/E.

I usually like E since there is only one room adjacent and it is in the middle of the car. However, my last superliner ride was in A and being over the trucks did not bother me and I did very much enjoy not hearing my neighbor's toilet flushing.
Of course, one cannot know in advance, but I really like my couch facing forward. It was not during my last trip. :(

While A is a bit smaller, it is closest to the railfan window which is convenient if one's sleeping car is the last car on the train. Also, one does not have to be concerned about potential "rattles" of the wall that separates B/C and D/E.
Only close to the rail fan window IF the car is oriented with bedrooms at the back.

I like A if I'm traveling by myself and E if I'm with my wife. My last trip was with my sister in room B on the trip out and the Family Bedroom coming back. It was nice having windows on both sides, and there is more room to maneuver when the lower berth is down. I had a difficult time getting out of the Bedroom for a fresh air break at Spokane while my sister was sleeping in the lower berth--besides the tight squeeze, her pillow kept getting stuck in the closet door when I took out my jacket.

I prefer B and D due to the outlet being on the window side, making it easier to plug in my scanner and other electronics.
IMG_0494.JPG
I run a 9ft household extension cord across - tuck it in below the head rest. At the window end, my wife can plug in her charger and I plug in a shorter extension cord to the floor below the table where I plug in USB power for my scanner, GPS and tablet/phone. Both cords are regular household cords with a three-way outlet on the end.

View attachment 25570
I run a 9ft household extension cord across - tuck it in below the head rest. At the window end, my wife can plug in her charger and I plug in a shorter extension cord to the floor below the table where I plug in USB power for my scanner, GPS and tablet/phone. Both cords are regular household cords with a three-way outlet on the end.
Thanks for that. I always bring a 6 ft Anker power cord that’ll power anything I need it to, including a powered cooler. I can make it work, but having the outlet on the window side, it just makes life easier. I guess I’ll have to pack another cord if I know I’m in an A, C, or E room.

This is probably a stupid question, but for clarity’s sake, with Auto Train bedrooms, there is absolutely no way to know which direction the sleeper car is facing, correct?
We are in bedroom C, and I’m more concerned about direction of travel than where the outlet is, although I completely agree that having the outlet next to the window is much more convenient.

Back