Flexible Dining Crescent - Kid Options

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mentioned above, ask your LSA about an option from the cafe, we have seen reports where the was done, and others where it was not. To date Amtrak has not made any policy on this, so it is up to the LSA.

One further note, I agree with the initial reply, ask politely, but also if the request is made, stay quiet about it. I remember very well an incident on the Silver Meteor where a passenger made a request for eggs over easy (as opposed to scrambled), and the chef honored the request (he does not have to). The passenger then went on to announce to the tables around him "look at what I got", it was made clear to that passenger that the chef would not consider any requests like that, from anyone again.

Ken
This is a phenomenon, I learned on cruise ships, especially in buffets. If a certain favored item wasn't displayed, I would quietly request it from the crew. If they found it for me, I would cover it, and not let other passenger's see it, or invariably, they'd ask: "Where'd you get that?
'

Back