Following Anniversary Engine #130

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
Starting this thread for people to report locations and news for AMTK 130 now that it is running out and about.

130 is currently leading westbound California Zephyr #5(28). It was right on time at Agency, Iowa.

130 returned from California leading Amtrak #6(07) yesterday. I caught it as it snowed in Agency, Iowa.

130 has been sent back west leading Amtrak #5(10). This California Zephyr was right on time at Ottumwa, Iowa.

We’ll be on 6 next month, will wave when we go by on 5/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

130 returned from running commuter trains in California leading Amtrak #6(03). The engineer waved passing though Agency, Iowa today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Phase I and Phase II Anniversary P42s are the best looking locos in the Amtrak system. Shame I havent seen either in the flesh.

AMTK 130 is leading Amtrak #6(26) today.  I caught it passing Agency, Iowa.  The train had just left Ottumwa eight hours and one minute behind schedule.

I caught Amtrak #6(11) with 130 as its second unit running over five hours late at Agency, Iowa today.  I'll also note this Zephyr happened to have coaches toward the front and sleepers on the end.  That's the opposite of what the other Zephyr sets are running.

AMTK 130 is leading the eastbound California Zephyr that's to arrive in Chicago later today. Amtrak #6(13) was over two hours late at Agency, Iowa.

Leading Amtrak #5(16) is AMTK 130 heading back west. I caught it with a wave from the conductor's side at Agency.

After spending some time in commuter service in California, AMTK 130 went east leading Amtrak #6(07). This California Zephyr was over two hours late at Ottumwa, Iowa.

AMTK 130 left Chicago today leading the westbound California Zephyr. Amtrak #5(08) was almost on time as it passed Agency with a friendly engineer. 130's face is looking a bit worn to me.

Amtrak #6(23) is currently traveling east with 130 as the second engine. This California Zephyr has an odd consist too. In addition to the heritage unit, there are two extra sightseer lounges near the end with another P42 behind them bringing up the rear.

This video was taken yesterday by YouTube user Adam Ghimenti in West Sacramento, California:

Well, #6(23) must have dropped off the extra lounges and engine somewhere as it didn't have them when it passed through Iowa on Thursday.

#6(29) looks to have picked up the two sightseer lounges as well as the full dome SLRG 554 Summit View. 130 is still second out trailing AMTK 4. This train was running over three hours late out of Ottumwa.

AMTK 130 is leading Amtrak #6(13) to Chicago today. I caught it at Agency, Iowa over two and a half hours late running on the left track and with a wave from the engineer.

IMG_2499.JPG

Back