Following Anniversary Engine #184

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMTK 184 led #6(01) to Chicago today. This California Zephyr was over five and half hours late when it came through Agency, Iowa. It was reported elsewhere that a Union Pacific locomotive was put on the train in Roseville, California after 184 was shut down due to a possible fuel leak. I think the UP unit was pulled off in Denver.

http://youtu.be/mXRWPhDbOQg

AMTK 184 had been on Reno Fun Train duty recently, but will now be arriving in Chicago later today on Amtrak #6(26). This eastbound California Zephyr was right on schedule when blew through Agency, Iowa.

Last edited by a moderator:
184 is heading to Chicago today as the second unit on Amtrak #6(03). This California Zephyr was just fourteen minutes late when it came through Agency, Iowa.

184 is leading the eastbound California Zephyr to Chicago today. Amtrak #6(09) was only fifteen minutes late when it came through Agency, Iowa this morning. Also on this train was the sixty-three-year-old heritage baggage car AMTK 1717. This is the first California Zephyr I've seen since October to have a heritage baggage car.

AMTK 184 is now going west on Amtrak #5(12). It's been moved back to be the trailing unit again. Also, there's still a heritage baggage car with the train. This California Zephyr was about four minutes late when it came through Agency, Iowa this evening.

184 is back as the lead unit as it led the eastbound California Zephyr through Agency, Iowa this morning just four minutes late. Friendly engineer on Amtrak #6(18) today.

AMTK 184 is going west again on Amtrak #5(21), and it's still in the lead. Its California Zephyr was on schedule when it came through Agency, Iowa.

I saw Amtrak #6(02) come through Agency, Iowa this morning about nine minutes late. AMTK 184 was the second engine. This eastbound California Zephyr also happened to have two baggage cars. The first one was an old heritage baggage car, and the second one was a Viewliner II baggage car.

AMTK 184 is the second unit on Amtrak #5(30). This westbound California Zephyr was about eighteen minutes late when it came through Agency, Iowa. There are also two private cars on then end.

I saw Amtrak #6(02) at the station in Ottumwa, Iowa today with AMTK 184 leading. This eastbound California Zephyr was running nearly two and a half hours late. I'm guessing 184 is leading now because the air conditioning went bad on AMTK 188. I was told that's why its cab door was open in the previous video.

184 is now leading Amtrak #5(05) westward. This California Zephyr was running about eleven minutes late at Agency, Iowa.

AMTK 184 is leading the westbound California Zephyr again. #5(11) was about two minutes late when it came through Agency, Iowa.

AMTK 184 was just four minutes late leading Amtrak #6(20) this morning. It came through Agency, Iowa on the left track since maintenance work was being done to the other track.

It's not that easy to tell, but I saw 184 heading west again leading Amtrak #5(23). This California Zephyr was over an hour and a half late at Agency, Iowa because of the delay mentioned in this thread. Before the train appears, you can hear some radio chatter that might be from #5's crew.

184 is now going back east on Amtrak #6(08). This California Zephyr was just over an hour late at Agency, Iowa.

AMTK 184 is leading again as it heads west with Amtrak #5(17). This California Zephyr was on time at Agency, Iowa.

I swear that engine lives in California. It's the last hero gay unit I need to see. And it comes east one week a year on my trains. And I'm usually out of country that one week. And when I'm working in Chicago it was back east.

AMTK 184 is leading Amtrak #6(20) to Chicago today. The train was one minute under two hours late when it came through Agency, Iowa.

AMTK 184 is going on another round on the California Zephyr. It was leading Amtrak #5(23) right on time through Agency, Iowa.

AMTK 184 is coming back east after having been on a few commuter rounds in California. Amtrak #6(08) was about twelve minutes late when it came into Ottumwa, Iowa this morning.

184 was turned right around in Chicago and is now heading west leading Amtrak #5(11). It was about thirteen minutes late at Agency, Iowa.

184 led Amtrak #6(14) through Agency, Iowa this morning. The California Zephyr was just thirteen minutes late. It had a friendly engineer too.

Back