Following Anniversary Engine #184

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMTK 184 was the second unit on Amtrak #6(28) through Agency, Iowa this morning. I feel like I should know this already, but what are the two open door hatches on 184's nose?

I caught Amtrak #6(04) with AMTK 184 running thirteen minutes late at Agency, Iowa this morning.

184 was the second unit on Amtrak #6(10). This eastbound California Zephyr was forty-one minutes late at Agency, Iowa. There was also the heritage baggage car AMTK 1753 on the train. This is the third heritage baggage car on #6 this month.

Amtrak #6(16) with AMTK 184 came through Agency, Iowa today four hours and twenty minutes behind schedule. AMTK 1753 is still tagging along too.

AMTK 822 and AMTK 184, respectively, are pulling Amtrak #5(23). The California Zephyr was running right on time in Agency, Iowa tonight.

AMTK 184 came back through Agency, Iowa today as the second engine on Amtrak #6(26). 822 was apparently left in California.

I caught Amtrak #6(01) this morning in Agency, Iowa running just over forty-five minutes late with AMTK 184 second out. The train also had the private dome car Sierra Hotel on the end.

AMTK 184 is leading Amtrak #6(26) to Chicago today. This eastbound California Zephyr was one minute late when it passed Agency, Iowa.

184 is heading back west leading Amtrak #5(29). This California Zephyr was running about two minutes late when I caught it at Agency, Iowa.

Amtrak #6(09) had AMTK 184 has its third unit when it came through Agency, Iowa this morning.

AMTK 184 was leading the eastbound California Zephyr to Chicago this Christmas. There was a little snow on the front of it when it passed through Agency, Iowa, which was the only snow I saw all day.

Attachments

• IMG_2045.JPG
    IMG_2045.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 6
AMTK 184 was leading the eastbound California Zephyr to Chicago this Christmas. There was a little snow on the front of it when it passed through Agency, Iowa, which was the only snow I saw all day.
Sadly we have only had a dusting in Denver (and that was at the airport near my house) this season. It was gone in about two hours. That was a couple of day before Christmas.

Back