Found an old ticket...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
My dad found an old ticket receipt from a trip I made back on April 29, 1989 from Houston to Newport, Ar. As you can see below, the coach fare was only $7.00!

Today, Houston and Newport are not options for the Texas Eagle. You can either bus to Longview or go to San Antonio on the Sunset. Newport is not a stop anymore either. The cheapest fare today is $89.

Thought is was interesting and would share.

Amtrak%20Ticket001-sm.jpg

I just noticed the ticket says FROM Newport TO Houston. My dad must have purchased a round trip, but I only used the Houston to Newport ticket.

I just got a total flashback looking at that- the tickets must have looked very similar when I rode from Los Angeles to Baltimore in 1983 (coach... aah, youth, I was 18). I don't remember much about the itinerary, but I think we went through Chicago eastbound, and then took the southern route and spent a few hours in the middle of the night in New Orleans (we'd met a local on the train and he showed us jazz clubs and whatnot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back