FTW-SEA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We started out yesterday on the TE, we boarded our sleeping car with the help of Jim who helped w our bags. He had plenty of magazines spread out where the ice usually is,for us to read. He came up and introduced hisself after we departed, and informed us ice was in his room and to help ourselves.He was a very good attendant keeping us informed about most everything. The train was really early into Marshall Tx. and we had to wait almost and hour before we could depart ontime. Unlike or last trip out of town last fall, we were stuck in Marshall well after midnite with no explanation, but on that trip we got to see some rare daylight scenery on the TE that was really nice. We woke up this morning stopped outside of STL well ahead of schedule. We are now sitting in the Springfield IL station waiting on the thru way bus to takr us over to Galesburg so we can catch the west bound Zephyr. I hope the rest of the trip goed as good as tthe first leg. I never get around to writing my trip reports so I thought I would go ahead and write this one on the fly while we were sitting here.Catch ya in Sacramento

Nice Trip Tracy! :cool: Glad yall got to experience having Jim for your SCA, he's One of the Best for sure! You didn't mention anything about the Diner (CCC) but hope Miss Polly wasn't yall's WaitPerson! And arrving Early into STL, did they start Breakfast @ 6:30AM or wait until they were in the station, I've seen it Both Ways on this Train??

Look Forward to your Reports, we're Envious, ya'll are getting out of Texas ahead of Rain and Storms, my Brother in N. Cal tells me the Weather has been in the 70s :) with Cool Nights and Everything is Blooming, Spring in the West :wub: but still should be some Nice Snowscapes along the CZ, the CS and the EB Routes!!!!! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jim, wish all y'all could come along. We had a regular dining car with no polly. And no steak either but the chipotle pot roast was good, alittle spicy but good. I didn't catch the dining crews names but they were very good kept my tea glass full and were very attentive I hope we get the same crew when we return next week. Should be jumping on the CZ in 20 minutes. glad to hear about the weather I just hope it hasn't melted all the snow.

We just left Grand Junction Co.on time not as much snow in the mountains as I was hoping for. But beautiful scenery anyway. I finally had the crabcakes everyone raves about and I see why they were great. Steve is our SCA and also a very good one very knowledgeable about the route and history of it. He gets on the p a and points out the interesting things. Our dining crew is very good too so far a great trip. So Steve4031 I think all the complaints about bad service are making a big difference I hope so anyway. More later

Ok we got into Sacramento an hour early, which left us plenty of time to check in to the Vagabond hotel gets a real shower and wander around Old Sac. for a couple of hours. The north bound starlight was about a half hour late. Our SCA was Angela, who had our beds put down and ready which was welcoming at 1am. More to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back