Germanwings Airbus A320 Crashes in France

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airspeed/Altitude graph:

USg8bRb.jpg

Doesn't paint a pretty picture, hopefully the FDR/CVR will tell us what happened.

Listened to lots of speculation by aviation experts on the evening news programs, including 'Sully' on CBS.....

They told about many possible causes, but no one would even insinuate that it could have been a highjacking....that would explain the lack of a "Mayday" call during the ten minute long descent into the final crash...the crew could not make the call.....

One reason I quit flying after about 50 flights, and it may sound dumb, but --> if something goes wrong, I'd prefer to already be on the ground.
Out of the thousands of planes in the air every day, what are the odds you'll be in one that crashes? Now, what are the odds you'll be killed in your car going to the grocery store? When it's time, it's time, regardless of if you're in the air or in the ground.

Even though I don't fly nearly as much as I used to and I don't choose to fly unless it's for intercontinental travel, I must point out that, statistically, airplanes are the safest mode of transportation.

Four threads on www.airliners.net right now discussing the crash.

One reason I quit flying after about 50 flights, and it may sound dumb, but --> if something goes wrong, I'd prefer to already be on the ground.
Out of the thousands of planes in the air every day, what are the odds you'll be in one that crashes? Now, what are the odds you'll be killed in your car going to the grocery store? When it's time, it's time, regardless of if you're in the air or in the ground.
And sometimes, people on the ground are killed in a plane crash! Like the Concorde crash in Paris - the plane crashed into a restaurant away from the airport where many in the restaurant were killed.

The Egypt Air 990 scenario did seem the most plausible due to the plane's descent and never deviating off of its course. It's also been reported that Germanwings does not employ the "rule of two" for when a member of the crew leaves the cockpit. If this is not the policy of all the carriers in the Lufthansa Group I'd expect this to change quickly. Outside of that I'm just not sure how something like this could be prevented in the future.

The Egypt Air 990 scenario did seem the most plausible due to the plane's descent and never deviating off of its course. It's also been reported that Germanwings does not employ the "rule of two" for when a member of the crew leaves the cockpit. If this is not the policy of all the carriers in the Lufthansa Group I'd expect this to change quickly. Outside of that I'm just not sure how something like this could be prevented in the future.
Yeah, it sure looks like the Egypt Air crash...only not sure yet of the copilots motivation, yet....jihad or just suicide.....

Someone wanting to end his life, but takes 149 innocent victims along with him, is just as reprehensible as a 'martyr'....he should have just gone home, and swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills... :angry:

Back