Getting to Emeryville Early to Check Bags

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Metropolitan

OBS Chief
Hey All,

I have a San Francisco-Portland trip planned for late March. Though I did concede to taking the flying cattle car to SF and from PDX thanks to a great rate, I did decide to use the Starlight to get from San Francisco to Portland.

Thing is, The AmBus picks up at 9pm in San Francisco, and I want to enjoy the day in SF without dragging around luggage. I might be able to use the bell service at the hotel to store the bag, but I was also thinking of going over to Emeryville early to go ahead and check my bag early and then ramble about from there.

Since you can't simply book the Ambus without booking the train, does anyone know the best public transit option to get from San Francisco to Emeryville on a Saturday. I seem to recall an AC Transit G bus from Transbay that goes close to there, but wasn't sure if anyone can share some wisdom as to what the best options are.

I wouldn't have minded taking the Ambus over to EMY and then hopping the Capitol Corridor down to Jack London to get the Ferry back across, but in looking at the booking screen, this doesn't seem to be an option early in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can check baggage at SFC, and since you may be taking the Ambus from there to EMY, why drag the bags to EMY just to check them? :huh: And SFC is open all day, and check baggage service is available throughout the day too.

Back