Give away 1 1st Class Upgrade/2 Club Acela-First class lounge coupons.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainut

Train Attendant
I have 2 single day passes to Club Acela, and 1 One Class Upgrade coupons. They expire

2/28/2010. I would like to give them away to anyone who will use them.

Send me a PM and I will send them to the first one that contacts me, but please use them.

Trainut

I have 2 single day passes to Club Acela, and 1 One Class Upgrade coupons. They expire2/28/2010. I would like to give them away to anyone who will use them.

Send me a PM and I will send them to the first one that contacts me, but please use them.

Trainut
I can't use them by the expiration date, so I'm not asking for them. But I just wanted to say this is a very nice offer on your part. A great way to start the new year. Hope you have a great 2010 and all your signals are green.

Having done the same since I live so far from the NEC, and we have so few trains and no lounges down this way, it's anice gesture, Happy New Year! Happy traveling! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 single day passes to Club Acela, and 1 One Class Upgrade coupons. They expire2/28/2010. I would like to give them away to anyone who will use them.

Trainut
I can't use them by the expiration date, so I'm not asking for them. But I just wanted to say this is a very nice offer on your part. A great way to start the new year. Hope you have a great 2010 and all your signals are green.
Having done the same since I live so far from the NEC, and we have so few trains and no lounges down this way, it's anice gesture, Happy New Year! Happy traveling! :)
It is certainly a nice gesture that folks like Trainut, Jim, and others who have gone this route. Thank you all for sharing and putting these passes to good use.

Trainut
Pick me, :) Pick me, :) Pick me. :) From the movie Shrek

Thanks to all that responded. All coupons have been sent out.

I wish I would have had more.

Everyone have a Happy New Year, and travel by train.

Trainut

I have about the same offer if you can use them PM me and I will mail them out. I assume any one could use them they came to me with the Select mailing. 3 1 class up grade and

3 Single day Club Acela or 10%. , I have sent a PM to Long train running he has first choice. He gave me a hand up on Smug Mug.

I saw this the other day and thought it was a good idea. I will not use them and for little more than nothing I may be able to show someone a good time.

At the last Boston Gathering, Chris was kind enuff to drop a "one class upgrade" on me, and I used it for First Class on the Acela from PVD to BWI, thanks again!

It's a GREAT thing to do, if you won't be using yourself.

I have about the same offer if you can use them PM me and I will mail them out. I assume any one could use them they came to me with the Select mailing. 3 1 class up grade and 3 Single day Club Acela or 10%. , I have sent a PM to Long train running he has first choice. He gave me a hand up on Smug Mug.

I saw this the other day and thought it was a good idea. I will not use them and for little more than nothing I may be able to show someone a good time.

If anyone has an upgrade coupon available. I'd be happy to get it

I have about the same offer if you can use them PM me and I will mail them out. I assume any one could use them they came to me with the Select mailing. 3 1 class up grade and 3 Single day Club Acela or 10%. , I have sent a PM to Long train running he has first choice. He gave me a hand up on Smug Mug.

If anyone has an upgrade coupon available. I'd be happy to get it
If anyone has a single day club acela pass they are not going to use I could really use it. For my trip in Feb. Can't go first class this trip to chi. Pleeeeeeeeease :rolleyes: Thanks

Going through my files I find that I have 6 one hour and 4 forty-eight hour 1 class upgrades (exp. 2-28-10) that I will never use. PM me your info, and I'll mail them out, it would be a shame for them to go to waste.

Going through my files I find that I have 6 one hour and 4 forty-eight hour 1 class upgrades (exp. 2-28-10) that I will never use. PM me your info, and I'll mail them out, it would be a shame for them to go to waste.
what is a forty eight hour upgrade?

To expand a bit futher, Select Plus members are given 48 hour coupons to use, which increases the odds that they will get the free upgrade. Select members and those who buy upgrades using points on the AGR site get the 1 hour coupon, which means that a seat still need to be unsold one hour before departure in order for you to use the coupon.

I was just googling for a Free Upgrade coupon and found your discussion. I am taking my 13 year old on our first Train Adventure in mid April. Not much time I know. I'm trying to figure out how to get 2 or 4 free upgrade coupons, because we will be traveling at night and the sleeper cars are full or not availble on 2 of the nights. I did accumulate some points but not nearly enough for the 10,000 needed for the 5 upgrade coupons.

Does anyone have any to sell, trade, whatever? Also I've seen some on ebay but wonder can I used upgrade passes with other people's names and member number's on them.

Any advice for traveling would be helpful.

I was just googling for a Free Upgrade coupon and found your discussion. I am taking my 13 year old on our first Train Adventure in mid April. Not much time I know. I'm trying to figure out how to get 2 or 4 free upgrade coupons, because we will be traveling at night and the sleeper cars are full or not availble on 2 of the nights. I did accumulate some points but not nearly enough for the 10,000 needed for the 5 upgrade coupons.
Does anyone have any to sell, trade, whatever? Also I've seen some on ebay but wonder can I used upgrade passes with other people's names and member number's on them.

Just to warn you that since you said that you will be traveling at night, I assume you want to upgrade to a sleeper. These coupons are only good to upgrade from regular coach to business class (and the only overnight train I'm aware of with BC is #66 & #67 in the northeast) or from Acela Business Class to Acela First! THEY CAN NOT BE USED TO UPGRADE TO A SLEEPER! ;)

And even though the member's name and number are printed on them, they say they are transferrable. However it is against the T&C to sell or buy them! ;)

And welcome to the forum! :)

Trainut

I just bought points so i could get some upgrade coupons. I do not need all 5.

I just ordered today so I don't know how long it will take to get here, but if anyone needs this just let me know.

Just to warn you that since you said that you will be traveling at night, I assume you want to upgrade to a sleeper. These coupons are only good to upgrade from regular coach to business class (and the only overnight train I'm aware of with BC is #66 & #67 in the northeast) or from Acela Business Class to Acela First! THEY CAN NOT BE USED TO UPGRADE TO A SLEEPER! ;)

And even though the member's name and number are printed on them, they say they are transferrable. However it is against the T&C to sell or buy them! ;)

And welcome to the forum! :)
Thanks for the reply.

I was only hoping to upgrade to business class as I know no sleepers are available on the DC to Boston leg. I figured it would be easier to sleep there. I ended up purchasing points after much fretting...and ordering the 5 upgrade coupons (which is still risky, they may not get here in time for the trip, or there may be no seats left in Business)

I will have one left over. But you say I can't sell it eh?

If you would like to buy one, I have one extra for $50.
You should read the post above your first one.

So, yes. I'd advice not selling them, lest they cancel your account.

Back