Good news for Amtrak LD trains?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

mlanoue

Service Attendant
Looking at the chart in the article, I see that revenue is up 12% on the Auto train, but ridership is still down 16%. Did they really raise their prices that much?

In any event--yes--the Long Distance, or national , or whatever routes definitely seemed to bounce back a little bit better than the rest of the system. So, that's good. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Ziv

danasgoodstuff

Service Attendant
Looking at the chart in the article, I see that revenue is up 12% on the Auto train, but ridership is still down 16%. Did they really raise their prices that much?

In any event--yes--the Long Distance, or national , or whatever routes definitely seemed to bounce back a little bit better than the rest of the system. So, that's good. Thanks for sharing!
Maybe the Auto Train also managed to cut costs?

Cal

Foamer
What are the stats for the other LD trains?

me_little_me

Engineer
AU Lifetime Supporter
Down, but not as badly a other sectors.
Considering Amtrak removed half the cars on the trains, cut the dining and the amenities, and made prices so high, one would expect revenues to be down. But Amtrak would be satisfied with no trains, no revenues, no service but no loss. That's how they view their business.

Amtrakfflyer

OBS Chief
I don’t think it’s new “news” to anyone. The network trains have continuely shown the best results in the system during the covid era. It’s infuriating that these trains are still (purposely) being held back from their full potential.

Exvalley

Conductor
AU Supporter
I wonder how much they reduced their advertising budget. My company has slashed its advertising budget because demand is so high right now that we simply don't need to advertise.