Goodbye for Now

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman271

Lead Service Attendant
I dont post very much or very often but I am on this site almost everyday when time and physical location permit(unfortunately the realm of the internet does not make it to 500ft underwater lol). My boat is deploying very soon and we will be gone for a minimum of six months. I unfortunately dont know anyone on this site personally nor have I been able to make it to any of the forum gatherings, but for the past five and a half years I have tried to read every post and reply and gain as much knowledge from these as possible. And I thank each and everyone of you for sharing that knowledge so openly and freely. Like i said reading the Amtrak Unlimited forum when I am home is as much a part of my daily routine as talking to my girlfriend is and one that I am greatly going to miss in the coming months. I wish everyone well and i bid you all adieu.

Very Sincerly,

Ethan L. Landers, MM3/SS, USN

I dont post very much or very often but I am on this site almost everyday when time and physical location permit(unfortunately the realm of the internet does not make it to 500ft underwater lol). My boat is deploying very soon and we will be gone for a minimum of six months. I unfortunately dont know anyone on this site personally nor have I been able to make it to any of the forum gatherings, but for the past five and a half years I have tried to read every post and reply and gain as much knowledge from these as possible. And I thank each and everyone of you for sharing that knowledge so openly and freely. Like i said reading the Amtrak Unlimited forum when I am home is as much a part of my daily routine as talking to my girlfriend is and one that I am greatly going to miss in the coming months. I wish everyone well and i bid you all adieu.
Very Sincerly,

Ethan L. Landers, MM3/SS, USN
Bon Voyage and a tip of the hat for your service! Thank you!

And to you too! And thank you for your service! :)
I'll second that.

However, I have to say that I'm disapointed to learn that the US Navy hasn't yet figured out how to provide internet service under the waves. :lol:
Would that be 'wave-fi'? All kidding aside, please stay safe, and thank you very much for your service. ooruh!

Sunchaser

However, I have to say that I'm disapointed to learn that the US Navy hasn't yet figured out how to provide internet service under the waves.
They typically try to avoid transmitting anything at all.

The wavelengths that penetrate deep into the ocean well also do not work well for high bandwidth comunication.

However, I have to say that I'm disapointed to learn that the US Navy hasn't yet figured out how to provide internet service under the waves.
They typically try to avoid transmitting anything at all.

The wavelengths that penetrate deep into the ocean well also do not work well for high bandwidth comunication.
Well that was a joke.

And I'm very aware of ELF and its properties, as well as why they wouldn't want such communications emanating from the sub.

As a navy man I will say. I wish you a fair wind and a following sea. However I think you wont need eather in the deep six. As a vet I will say THANKS.

Blueman --

Like you, I read much more than I post here, but -- as the wife of one and mother of two Marines -- I too thank you for your service.

(Let me also add a shout-out to your girlfriend -- I spent a lot of years in a similar situation!) :rolleyes:

Be safe --

Ethan;

Good luck on your tour. Perhaps Amtrak will improve in the time you spend at sea. I was a Coastie during 'Nam and we went out in 82' footers when the swift boats couldn't handle high water and the swabbies called us shallow water sailors! Stay safe and remember you are doing one of the most important jobs of all~ protecting the freedom of each and every American.

Ethan,

Best of luck to you! My dad served in WWII on a submarine and my brother was Viet Nam era but served in Germany from '72-'75. My girlfriend (Husker Mom) son is deploying to Afghanistan this year and was in Iraq in 2007. I believe he is up for the Bronze Star for bravery in Iraq. Best to you and thanks for serving our country!

Well hello again everyone. After six months, three different countries, and an obscene amount of canned and frozen food its good to be back in America. Thank you guys for all the well wishes and in the spirit of the forum I've got a whole lot of reading to catch up on.

-Ethan

Well hello again everyone. After six months, three different countries, and an obscene amount of canned and frozen food its good to be back in America. Thank you guys for all the well wishes and in the spirit of the forum I've got a whole lot of reading to catch up on.-Ethan
Welcome Home!As an old Navy man I say thanks for your service,time to ride a few trains after the boat!!!(I was a RM3/as you know that doesnt

exist anymore/Vietnam era but never got closer than Subic Bay,was on the USS Summers, a tin can probably now a Honda! :lol:

Thanks, its good to be home. Even though the title of RM was officially fazed out by the Navy, we still call all our Radioman RM's. And I plan on riding as many trains as I can, but I think my two weeks of leave have already been planned out for me lol.

Back