Greetings from Cheboygan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackinaw chief

Train Attendant
Hello I'm Louis. from cheboygan michigan 15 miles from Mackinaw Bridge at the tip of the Mitt in Michigan. My childhood home sat a block from the cheboygan depot and had trains next to my bedroom as a wake up alarm at 545 AM awaiting paper products and diapers from the p&g plant 3 blocks away to take then to market. Saw a lot of different rail cara from all over the country here. Now just a liveabord to Amtrak with rail pass after another. Just bought another 4 of them . been to all points on the Amtrak network . Love the builder and Zephyr but hate the delays the Zephyr is a victim of daily.
I have strong opinions on things so please understand my passion for things. I've traveled the world over 60 countries visited. Anyway this is me.

Hello I'm Louis. from cheboygan michigan 15 miles from Mackinaw Bridge at the tip of the Mitt in Michigan. My childhood home sat a block from the cheboygan depot and had trains next to my bedroom as a wake up alarm at 545 AM awaiting paper products and diapers from the p&g plant 3 blocks away to take then to market. Saw a lot of different rail cara from all over the country here. Now just a liveabord to Amtrak with rail pass after another. Just bought another 4 of them . been to all points on the Amtrak network . Love the builder and Zephyr but hate the delays the Zephyr is a victim of daily.
I have strong opinions on things so please understand my passion for things. I've traveled the world over 60 countries visited. Anyway this is me.
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited

Sounds like you've got a lot of stamina! Do you usually sleep in coach, or overnight in hotels?
I will usually do a complete west coast circle and do a day off train in CHI before I begin my east coast circle which usually includes 2 to 3 days in BOS and PVD. And overnight for the connection in NOL to the city of New Orleans back to CHI. Twice I did a double west coast circle. EB 2 CS 2 CZ 2 SWC 2 CS 2 CZ. Ive done the entire country in 24 days.

Back