Greetings from the Desert

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

I'm a Vancouverite transplanted to the California desert near Joshua Tree National Park. I haven't travelled Amtrak in a while, but I started out taking the train from Vancouver to Calgary as a kid, took the Metroliner up and down when I lived in Philadelphia in the 70s-80s, and the Montrealer many times. I've been fortunate to take overnight trains in France (Paris - Marseille), through the Brenner Pass, in Germany, and the Royal Scotsman London - Edinburgh.

My husband and I are booked on the Southwest Chief LA - Chicago in July, and I've been poking around this site to learn the ropes. I'm happy to report that even though we're in a less-desirable room (C), we are in car 430 so hopefully won't have our trip abruptly changed to Coach!! 🙀

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm a Vancouverite transplanted to the California desert near Joshua Tree National Park. I haven't travelled Amtrak in a while, but I started out taking the train from Vancouver to Calgary as a kid, took the Metroliner up and down when I lived in Philadelphia in the 70s-80s, and the Montrealer many times. I've been fortunate to take overnight trains in France (Paris - Marseille), through the Brenner Pass, in Germany, and the Royal Scotsman London - Edinburgh.

My husband and I are booked on the Southwest Chief LA - Chicago in July, and I've been poking around this site to learn the ropes. I'm happy to report that even though we're in a less-desirable room (C), we are on car 430 so hopefully won't have our trip abruptly changed to Coach!! 🙀
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited with hopes that your July trip will go smoothly.

Back