Greyhound USA sold to FlixMobility

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever 20 minutes I have been told. The watch say otherwise. The friendly cast members walking over and talking to the crowd waiting for a bus, is a sure sign it going to be a longer wait then advertise.

The underlying issue is WDW likes to use other people money to make improvements to there parks. A few changes to the road system and a much easier transit time will occur. The whole computer dispatching of the bus system was a failure that never worked. The bus rapid way to Disney Spring was a good idea, if they just had spent more money and avoid the traffic lights by using fly overs (bridge).

Of course now we have another system just recently add that fails in a smashing way, and with-out the ability to handle the surge crowds called the Disney Skyliner.

In other news Universal adds a third park…
Skyliner (a gondola lift, for those unfamiliar) is great, when it's running. Even though wait times may be as long as 30 minutes at park close, that's less than it was for buses to the mega-resorts that the Skyliner serves.

Problem is Disney has no effective contingency plan for when it shuts down due to lightning or technical issues. There's not enough bus capacity to replace it, communication to Guests is virtually non-existent, and at Epcot there is no provision to pick up Guests anywhere near the Skyliner station.

Problem is Disney has no effective contingency plan for when it shuts down due to lightning or technical issues. There's not enough bus capacity to replace it, communication to Guests is virtually non-existent, and at Epcot there is no provision to pick up Guests anywhere near the Skyliner station.
Sounds like most public transit in the U.S.! 🤣 🤣

One thing I would like to see happening with Greyhound is further integration with other transportation. For example here in Maine Greyhound maintains its own stop in an obscure location in Portland neither close to downtown nor the Portland Transportation Center used by Amtrak and Concord Coach. I believe a similar situation exists in Bangor.

"Biggest midget" isn't impressive. Intercity buses are really not doing well anywhere where planes or trains exist. They compete by being attempting to be the cheapest option for people with no standards or no money, which perhaps explains the desperate attempts to defraud customers.

I think sadly in many parts of Europe the incumbent legacy train companies have an arrogant attitude towards passengers and are charging ever higher prices for a slowly deteriorating service while funneling all the money into a handful of flagship routes. SNCF and RENFE have been guilty of this but to a lesser extent also DB.

This does make it easier for low cost bus companies and even train companies to get a foothold at the low end of the market.

Back