Group sales holds?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I assume that Amtrak permits organizations like "America by Rail" to put holds on sleeper accommodations for a period of time. Does anyone know if my assumption is accurate, and if so, do you know when the hold will be released if not sold? Does Amtrak automatically release the rooms at a certain point prior to date of travel or is the agency/organization in control of the hold?

Thanks

I assume that Amtrak permits organizations like "America by Rail" to put holds on sleeper accommodations for a period of time. Does anyone know if my assumption is accurate,

Yes, it is. It is just like anyone making a reservation. There is a hold limit established and your reservations must be purchased or extended by that time.

do you know when the hold will be released if not sold?

It depends on the group.

Does Amtrak automatically release the rooms at a certain point prior to date of travel or is the agency/organization in control of the hold?

Amtrak is in control of the hold. The group may ask to extend the hold limit.

I'm not sure if the exact dates for the time limits are still accurate, but I still remember Rtabern whining about the lack of time and most people rejoicing in the Amtrak's New Unfriendly Group Rates Policy thread.

Last edited:
Back