Quantcast

Harper's Ferry

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

tricia

Conductor
Every time I've gone through Harpers Ferry on the train, I've thought: Gee, that looks like a nice place to visit.

Any suggestions on things to do, see, places to sleep and eat?

glomor

Train Attendant
We are just here for a day trip. I'm staying with my daughter near Lancaster, PA. We parked at the National park and took a shuttle into the historic district. Lots of history here and beautiful hiking/cycling trails for the ambitious.

Ryan

Conductor
No, after the two Viewliners are the typical bag and Superliners.

PVD

Conductor
AU Supporter
Used to see the John Brown burial site and family farm up in Lake Placid whenever I was up at the OTC or in town for something, finally rolled through Harper's Ferry on the CL last year. Great pictures.

glomor

Train Attendant
Here are a few more pics of the CL. They might be a bit fuzzy. These are screenshots from a video I took. The app won't let me post the video. ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1473107864.220761.jpgImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1473107877.838276.jpgImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1473107891.929877.jpg

Palmland

OBS Chief
A great train watching spot. Even better in the 60's when I camped just below the station (before NPS). From our tent site could see the real Capital Ltd and National Ltd- both with beautiful observation cars on the rear.