Has anyone received an email for meal selection?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we are about 10 days out and according to the new policy Amtrak was to send us an email that would point us to a webpage where we would select our "flexible" meal choices. Never received that email. Has anyone received it?

OK folks. I just called Amtrak custtomer service and they advised the phase in program for meal selection has only been instituted on the City of New Orleans route so far. The phase in will continue in August and extend until all Eastern routes will have the advance meal selection option.

Leaving Thursday for Capital Limited, Texas Eagle and Coast Starlight portion of trip and have seen no email for pre-ordering. I did receive an email about masks and flex dining.

Leaving Thursday for Capital Limited, Texas Eagle and Coast Starlight portion of trip and have seen no email for pre-ordering. I did receive an email about masks and flex dining.
See dlagrua's post above yours. Only the City of New Orleans and IINM,the Crescent, currently have this option.

Last edited:
I’m traveling on Acela, Crescent, and Cardinal in mid-August. Crescent has had the meal selection for a while now. I just received the email for the Crescent a couple of days ago. Here are some screenshots. I used my phone, not a computer.

I’ll have to say, it went pretty smoothly.09FA1127-6BB2-48F1-AF4E-05B4863311C5.png27E3E8B1-1414-4FFE-B9ED-1C11C2405CC9.png93BA7571-9538-4FA1-A36F-C3E7D98CA3B4.png

Last edited:
Back