Hastings, NE collision (4/2) - will it effect the CZ?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

Lead Service Attendant
Saw this on Facebook tonight. I know the CZ goes through Hastings, but not whether it's double tracked...according to the article the tracks will need extensive repairs. Any chance they'll have to reroute the CZ?

http://www.nbcneb.com/content/news/Train-and-semi-trailer-collide-near-Hastings--374319981.html

Edit: after looking at track-A-train, neither 6 nor 5 is in service disruption, which seems like a good sign!

Edit edit: ugh, I just saw this article was posted yesterday and updated at 9 this morning, so maybe it was more yesterday's problem. Feel free to delete if so. It's late :/

Last edited by a moderator:
From the satellite view of the track-age in Omaha, where train 5 currently is, there is not a detour route available prior to Hastings, and 6 has a similar issue. I would guess that tonight's trains could very easily incurr multiple hour delays, but if need be, they will detour tomorrow's trains around on Union Pacific track. The most likely option is just to wait or bus around the derailment.

EDIT: Train 5 just left OMH 29 minutes late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back