Have to do your homework

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce-C

Service Attendant
I was looking to book on-line a return trip for the Christmas holidays, when I found this fare discrepancy.

1) $321.09 NYP-CHI via #125 and Capital Ltd. Senior rate W/roomette.

1a) $351.36 CHI-SAC via CZ Senior Rate W/roomette

total $672.45

2) $318.44 NYP-CHI via LSL Senior rate W/roomette

2a) $376.01 CHI-SAC via CZ Senior rate W/roomette

total $694.45

My problem is in the change of the fare price on the CZ!!!!! A ticket price of $351.36 vs $376.01 for the same accommodations on the same day!! There is an increase of the Senior coach fare rate of $24.65. From $79.36 (coupled with CL) to $104.01 (coupled with the LSL)!!!!!

I mean what gives!!!! This is not a different price bucket, as I toggled back and forth between both connections a couple times and the LSL-CZ connection always came to an increase over the CL-CZ coach fare!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

This is not something I have observed before, I guess it is some sort of "glitch" in the senior discount calculation... what fares do you get for the Zephyr when you just try that one as a single booking?

Ed :cool:

Hi,

This is not something I have observed before, I guess it is some sort of "glitch" in the senior discount calculation... what fares do you get for the Zephyr when you just try that one as a single booking?

Ed :cool:
ED

I just ran the same trips (again on-line) (CL-CZ, LSL-CZ) (NYP-CHI, CHI-SAC) using an "adult" instead of "senior" pricing in the discount box. The price increase (with the LSL-CZ pairing) jumped to $29.00!!!!

I also ran a trip from CHI-SAC via the CZ. The difference in the Calif. Zephyr adult coach fare was $50.63 higher ($144.00) on the single CHI-SAC ticket than the NYP-CHI, CHI-SAC (combined LSL-CZ) ticket. The roomette fare remained the same on all my calculations at $272.00.

The more combinations I use, the more confused I get!!!! :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back