Heads Up: Older Metrolink locomotives pulling a freight through Baldwin Park, CA

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

The Iron Horse

Train Attendant
Although I love trains, I do not know much about them so unfortunately I cant give you any specific details. But there are 2 older Metrolink locomotives pulling a frieght of some sort passing Baldwin Park, CA (San Gabriel Valley area) Station at the moment.

I thought that was pretty interesting. Hopefully someone else can get some better pix. I got these off of a security camera.

There is a white caboose (?) and a police car following the train through the station. Seem to be heading in the direction of El Monte (west).

Attachments

Last edited:

Cal

Conductor
Ah yes, these are F59PH's. A few weeks ago they were pulling some freight down on the OC sub by Irvine. No idea why.

Also, I too love trains, however I don't know an extreme amount about them compared to some friends!

The Iron Horse

Train Attendant
Ah yes thanks for reminding me. I couldnt remember what those locomotives were called. I knew it was the recently retired ones lol.

Interesting that they were spotted in OC too. Well I'm very glad to see there are a few out there still earning their keep! I thought theyd all been scrapped or something. Thanks for the info!

Here's the caboose (shoving platform?) & workers.

Attachments