Healing thoughts to Shanghai

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
My good friend Shanghai (Dick) underwent scheduled back surgery yesterday (2/25/16). Although the surgery lasted longer than anticipated, all went well and Dick is feeling OK today (according to his text this morning). He is hoping to leave the hospital in a few days and is looking forward to a complete recovery (although I doubt he will be running the half marathon in Denver this October :) )

Dick (if you are reading this), I, together with your AU friends wish you a speedy recovery. Our thoughts are with you.

I am sure Archie is looking forward to your return home.

ArchieIrish.jpg

Dick, I wish you a good recovery and hope you will get home to Archie soon. He's adorable and just being with him will help you get better and stronger each day :) !

All the best Dick! I know the tracks are rough in some spots, but hopefully you'll be back riding the Trains soon!

BTW- Saw that Gov Christie was

in Texas Today endorsing The Donald! Attorney General maybe?

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I got home on March 19th, after one week

in hospital and two weeks in rehab. My doctors say I'm recovering well. Most of the

pain is gone. I drove my car for the first time since the surgery yesterday. I'm going

to take Archie for a ride on the golf cart today, and then the Silver Meteor will be next!!

Back